I had a pretty good Christmas!
Yesterday (Christmas Eve), we went to my mom's. It was me and my boys. Leah and Dustin with their kiddos. Lacey with her boyfriend, Chris and sweetie pie son, Gavin. My mom and Mike, my grandma, my Aunt Lisa and her daughter, our cousin, Rachel.
We all made little finger foods to bring, opened presents, and of course, talked and laughed and talked and laughed some more.
I love my family! :)
I was surprised to see Christmas presents from both my boys this year!
I guess Zac's dad gave him some money to spend at school. They have the Santa's Workshop for kids every year.
Zac bought me this beautiful necklace!! ;)

So sweet!
A few weeks ago, when Gage went to visit his "sister", Kayla, he came back with this gift for me!
I love my boys. They are the sweetest!!!
So today, Christmas day, me and my boys went to Leah's for Christmas with my dad and little brother (I say little, but he's 18). It was nice to sit and talk with them. Before they made it over, I told Gage to hold his new shotgun, so I could send a picture to his Mee Maw and Paw Paw.

He's so proud of it.
After taking this picture, we (me, Leah, and Gage) starting talking about how grown up he's getting. He had originally said he wanted an X Box for Christmas, but he changed his mind. He doesn't hang out inside much anymore. Leah said,"Well, because you're growing up. Shotguns, driving in a couple months...."
He was shaking his head yeah. And I started tearing up.
I had to walk away for a few minutes.
If you know me, you know I don't like crying in front of people! And that's what happened. I started crying.
My little boy is growing up. I can't believe he'll be 16 in February.
I think about it all the time nearly have panic attacks each time I think about him on the road....alone.
But something about today....just looking at this boy, that used to be my little man, stuck at my side....everywhere I went....he's grown up. In high school, driving soon, a new gun!, already talking about getting a job!
My heart is breaking. My first born....
Ok, sorry.....I didn't mean to go into all that.
So, earlier I said that Lacey and her boyfriend, Chris, were at my mom's yesterday.
Yes, yesterday he was her boyfriend.
But not last night.
As of last night.....he is her fiancee. OMG!
My little sister is getting married!!!!

Look at that beautiful ring!!!
I am so excited for her!!!
Another thing about me....if you know me...you know I'm pretty much anti-marriage....been there, done that, didn't like it.....
But I am happy for my little sister. She found a really good guy! He's wonderful with Gavin, goes to church, works, and he loves my sister.
I could go on and on about him, but I won't.
Let me just say, he's a special one. Lacey says he's her best friend, loves talking to him, and spending time with him.
And in the end, that's all that matters.
Because we all know that looks fade and sexual attraction diminishes.
But still having your best friend by your side, one who you can't wait to come home to and share your day with, someone you can see yourself growing old with, still laughing with and enjoying each other's presence :) Yeah, that's what it should be about. That's what I see for my little sister. And I'm so happy for her!
1 comment:
what a special christmas for you! i love the mom gifts your boys gave you. precious!
congrats on your sister getting engaged. looking forward to the wedding posts!
Post a Comment