Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, Zac....Happy Wedding Plans, Lacey!!

Happy Birthday to my sweet, sweet Zackary! He is NINE YEARS old today!!! We're having his birthday party this Friday!
Yesterday, I took the boys out to eat. I let Zac choose where he wanted to go.....of course, he chose Los Tres Amigos. I have no idea why he always wants to eat there. He doesn't even finish his food. Weirdo. I let him open one of his three presents. It was a Casio keyboard. He was super excited! He's been wanting one for a long time!!

Today, I'm baking him a cake and letting him open his second present.
My boys this morning, before school. See how happy Gage is in the mornings. haha. :)


Then Friday, at his birthday party, he can open his last present!
I guess it's kinda his birthday WEEK! :)
Me and Zac....Lucia took this on Christmas, with her new Polaroid camera!


I had a really great weekend! Zac was at his dad's this weekend and Gage stayed the weekend with his friend, Travis.

Friday, when I got off work, I just stayed home and watched "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark". it was a pretty good movie. Not as great as I thought it would be.....but good. :)

Saturday, I went to the MPEC Bridal Expo with my family. My little sister, Lacey, is getting married!!

Meet my sister Lacey and her fiance, Chris. :)


After the expo, we went to Cheddars for lunch. Talks about the wedding plans, had me in tears. I was a cry baby!! Lacey said she was going to have my step dad walk her down the aisle, since he was more of a dad to her, than her real dad. Which made me cry. Because he is a wonderful man, and I am so happy she's asking him to do that!

I asked her if Gavin (her son) was going to be the ring bearer.


sweet Gavin!!
She said no, because Chris (her fiance) wants Gavin to stand next to him. OMG! More tears came.

Leah said a prayer before we ate. She was talking about marriage and hard times, and Chris and Lacey being best friends, and working through their problems, and having the Lord in their life....yes, more tears.
Just from me. Why was no one else crying?????
ugh.

After lunch, we went to David's Bridal, so she could show us the dress she chose.
It was a pretty dress, and she looked wonderful. It was plain, not showy. Which is what I would expect from my sister. One thing me and my sister's have in common, we do NOT like being center of attention. We don't like all eyes on us, and we don't like drawing attention to ourselves.
So, yes, I expected that, and it was a pretty dress.....but she just didn't look like a bride!!! It didn't fit her perfect little body and show her shape.
As we were looking at the dress, my older sister and aunt Lisa, decided to sneak off and find another dress. One that is a little more fitting, a little more bride-ish.
They came back and begged her to "just try it on!". She finally agreed and....
OMG!!
My little sister looked like a BRIDE! The dress fit her perfectly!! We all fell in love with it, luckily, so did Lacey!!
I wish I could post a picture of it.....but I can't. You'll see after the wedding!!!
Absolutely gorgeous.
And yes....I cried again. But at least this time, Lacey did, too!!
I'm so excited and happy for her!!

After all that, I had to go work at my part time job. I really didn't want to, I had had such a good day, I wanted to go home and take a nap. haha.
But I had to get it done, so I went. Downtown. All by myself. Down an alley to the the back of the building.
And what do I see....?
Yes, a man sleeping next to the building next door!
SCARY!!


I texted my mom and sisters and said,"Came to work, this guy is sleeping next to the building. If I come up missing, my money's on him."
hahaha.
I left early, because I didn't want to be there after dark. Luckily he was gone.
So, we're back to Sunday...which is when I took the boys out to eat.
I'm off today. Back to work tomorrow. LAME!
:)

1 comment:

Faiza said...

sending you some tissue for all those happy tears. i am so thrilled that you have so much to celebrate in your life right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...