Saturday, January 28, 2012

What up?

For some reason I thought that once the holiday seasons were over, I'd have more time....to blog. But honestly, I'm still busy as ever.
Zac's birthday was January 16th, and I still have Gage's birthday coming up February 27th....so MAYBE...maybe, then I'll have more free time.

Ok...but if I'm being COMPLETELY HONEST...then I have to admit that what free time....it's spent on Pinterest. I'm addicted!! But it will pass. hopefully.

Sooo, what I've been up to:
Zac's birthday was a couple weeks ago. We had a party at the Gymnastics Sport Center. It was a good time! I bought him an ice cream cake, which everyone loved. But I was so busy, I didn't try it! :( I figured when I got home I would. But on the way home, the boys (Zac, Gage, and 2 of his friends, Travis and Tanner) were hungry. We decided to drive thru McD's and get something to eat. The line was so long, so we decided to go in and eat....forgetting that there was an ice cream cake in the back of my car!!
Needless to say when we got home and started unloading Zac's presents, we saw a big nasty mess in the back!!!
So much for me trying that yummy cake!!
Zac made out with about $95 and some awesome gifts. He wants to save up for an iPad. He's got a ways to go, but we've made a chore/attitude chart.
His ADHD medication seems to not be working so much anymore. Maybe we need to try something new. It takes about 30 minutes to get in his system. Then he's kind of reclusive and quiet, not hungry. Until about 4, that is. Then he's out of control again, eating everything in sight.
His chart seems to help a little. It's just a reminder to clean his room, do his daily hygiene things, and to stop for a minute, take control of his body and mind.
I'm telling you now, for those who do not believe in ADHD, it's truly a real thing. And it's hard.
The first of the year, I guess with so much going on, so much stimulation, he was completely out of control. I was once again, at the end of my rope. Crying daily, praying about what to do, and even talking to his dad about letting Zac move in with him for a while.
I cry when I think about him not being with me, but maybe he needs a man in his life?
So, let's hope that we can get this under control, make another appointment about a different medication and get him back in his counseling sessions. It's been a while since he has gone.

UGH! Sorry! Ok, so then Gage's birthday is coming up the end of February. The big ONE-SIX!!! OMG!
I really want to try to throw him a big surprise party. Family, friends, all that good stuff.
But then I wonder...is he getting too old for that type of thing? I've asked him what he wants to do and he's just like.....eh.

As for me, I'm still working two jobs. Trying to keep up with Zac and be there for Gage during these hard teen years. I've been trying to find Gage's dad. We haven't heard from him since his mom died. I guess that was almost a year ago. It's been longer since Gage has seen him. Billy's dad died back in August and that's the last that anyone in his family has heard from him. Gage has pretty much given up on him. But I'm so worried about him. I don't even know if he's alive.
The other day me and Gage were driving and the song "Cat in the Cradle" came on and I had to fight the tears back. It's been so long since I've heard that song. Isn't it strange how songs do that to you?

My birthday is also coming up in February. I'll be 34 years old! I guess I'm now at the age that I don't care about birthdays anymore. They no longer bother me. I'm embracing my old age :)
I'm getting one of my birthday presents today. I'll have to blog about that later! :)

So, that's my long, boring, pity party life lately! :)
In the long run, everything's going good, I just hope to get Zac's ADHD under control. Wish me luck with that!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...