What I did not know, was that it would be just a few weeks after getting his license.


Our road is gravel and has a lot of potholes. Add a new driver, with an ADHD brother in the back trying to hand him a cell phone....with me on the other end, not knowing my son was already driving, and you get a truck flipped and landing in a ditch (luckily) right side up.
Can you only imagine how I felt, hearing Gage yelling at Zac to calm down, then muffled noise, then Zac saying,"I'm scared, I'm scared" and then Gage picking up the phone and saying,"Mom, I just flipped my truck."
My heart is racing just thinking about it. I was a work. I left and rushed home, crying all the way.
I am so thankful to our wonderful, loving Lord for keeping my boys safe.
I pray that this makes my son be more aware. Also that it makes Zac more aware of his behavior and realize that his actions have consequences.
I feel horrible knowing, that I asked Gage to take Zac to the youth center this morning, that I was on the person on the phone when it happened, and just that it happened, period.
His truck is still drivable. But we do need to get something fixed on in the front....don't ask me, I don't know cars (or trucks).
All I know is I'm thankful my boys are ok. And that Gage's truck will be ok, as well.
I was a mess this morning, but now that everything is said and done, I'm good....and exhausted.
3 comments:
SO frightening! Thank God they are both okay... it's a cheap lesson for them both. I actually got into a bad wreck shortly after getting my license, and it definitely made me more careful afterwards. I'm sure both boys will be more careful in the car. Poor you! xoxo
Thank godness everyone is okay! Hugs to you Steph!
Thanks girls :). Sorry for late responses. Busy, busy, busy!!!! Ugh.
Post a Comment