Monday, September 12, 2011

Man Candy Monday: Dermot Mulroney

Meet my Man Candy Monday man: Durmot Mulroney!!!!



Durmot Mulroney is one of my favorite actors! He's been in so many of my favorite movies!!
One of the movies I used to watch over and over again when I was about Gage's age was:

"Where the Day Takes You"



King: "It's 98.6 over here, baby."

It's been so long since I've seen this movie! I need to watch it again!
When I was looking for a picture for this movie, I saw Will Smith on the cover, I was confused!
I don't remember him being in this movie!! That's how long it's been since I've seen it.
So good.
Durmot Mulroney plays King. It's about a bunch of homeless kids, just trying to make it out on the streets.


Point of No Return

This is a great movie! Bridget Fonda plays a drug addict, she robs a pharmacy for drugs, and kills a cop. She's sentenced to death, but is saved....to become a government assassin.
Eventually she has to live a (somewhat) normal life.
So, she goes on the hunt for a place to rent.

JP (Dermot) happens to have an apartment for rent!
(Why are all my landlords old and creepy? So not fair! I want a Durmot landlord! just saying.)

sexy.

A movie I didn't really care to see, but had to (because Dermot's in it!) was:

Georgia Rule




Dermot plays the sexy doctor Simon.
It's one of those movies that's pretty good, but you just don't care to see it again. :)

Another movie I watched ALLLLL the time was Young Guns.

The reason I watched this over and over was because I was a HUGE Kiefer Sutherland fan. He was my very first celebrity crush!

But I loved Dermot Mulroney in this movie. He played Dirty Steve!



Dirty Steve: "He ain't all there, is he?"

wonderful cast!


Ohhhh, Copycat!!! I love this movie!! Plus Holly Hunter!! How can you not love Holly Hunter?
Mulroney plays the sexy woman magnet detective Ruben. Yum.



Of course, Michael.
Sweet Michael in

My Best Friend's Wedding
LOVE IT!


Marianne and I would watch this and fast forward to all of our favorite parts.

and then there's Everett in:
The Family Stone

Another movie of his, that I liked a lot, but not really one I would watch over and over again.

But I DID watch him play Kyle in
The Thing Called Love
over and over again.



Kyle: Okay, okay. Uh, sometimes you hear a song on the radio and it's just the song you want to hear right then, and then it's over and you're just glad you heard it.

Miranda Presley: And I'm like that song?

Kyle Davidson: No, you're nothing like that song. You're like if that was the only song in the world that I could hear for the rest of my life. You're that song.

I admit this movie pretty much sucks. BUT, it has Dermot Mulroney, River Phoenix, Sandra Bullock! Hello! How can you not love that?

The Wedding Date.

YES! Sexy male escort, Nick.



Nick: "I'd rather fight with you, than make love with anyone else."

Yes, Durmot Mulroney. He's my man crush this week.

So freaking sexy! :)

6 comments:

KDC Events said...

He was great in My Best Friends Wedding. Love that movie!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

YES! I thought I was alone in my love for him (which began with his role in copycat!) but I am so glad you chose him for MCM!

I hope we see him in more roles...STAT! :)

Thank you for linking up!

Marz said...

OMG one of my absolute FAVOURITES!!!! But growing up Micaela always had dibs on him haha :) Did you ever do that with Leah? Where if someone called a crush first, then that was theirs? She got Durmot, but I got Brad Pitt :) We totally do that now even, still calling dibs on celebrity boyfriends lol

I have never seen "Where the Day Takes You" - I think I will have to watch that one esp if it has Will Smith!

I remember watching "Point of No Return" with you! :) I think you were showing me just one scene and then we ended up watching the whole thing :) haha And I completely remember that night we started watching "My Best Friend's Wedding" and we were supposed to meet our friends out and we took forever to leave your place because we wanted to watch all of our favourite scenes!!! ;) SO good! I miss our movie and youtube nights SO much :) Good times!

Speaking of "Copy Cat" - do you remember William McNamara? I totally had a crush on him in a TV movie I once saw him in and then he was in that movie - not nearly as fiiiine as I remembered him ha that was such a good movie!

I love, love, love "The Wedding Date" - that is definitely one of my "go-to movies" I love that it takes place in London among other things :)

I could go on and and on about him :) Definitely a good choice for Man Candy Monday! :) *sigh*

Micaela said...

SOOOO FREAKING SEXXXXY!!!! and i'm glad marianne realizes i had dibs ;) ha!

oh man in Wedding Date when he leans over her after the bachelorette party... HOTTTT!!!

AND THIS, THIS JUST SEALS THE DEAL! (this calls for all caps ya see ha lol) :

Kat Ellis: You know what pisses me off? I've been spilling my guts all weekend and I don't know a thing about you.

Nick Mercer: [pause] I'm allergic to fabric softener. I majored in comparative literature at Brown. I hate anchovies. And I think I'd miss you even if we never met.

Migz said...

Oh yes please!

My kind of Leading Man,
so suave and always good to the ladies ♥

Oh Gosh, you've brought me back to memory lane in there, Oh how can you forget to mention another hottie like Harry Connick Jr. in 'Copycat'? And I love 'The Thing Called Love', my last River Phoenix movie I remembered watching. And love the 'Wedding Date' although my friends think its too lame ♥

CarrieMarie said...

oh, the wedding date is one of my favorites! good pick, GREAT pick, really. i remember the first time i heard his name, i was like, "who the what?" and then... his smile pulled me in! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...