When he came in yesterday I thought, he looks familiar. I think he was in my sister's wedding.
I was working, so I didn't say anything (I'm not much for small talk anyway).
But as he was leaving, he stopped and said,"Aren't you Lacey's sister?"
I said,"Yeah, I thought you looked familiar. You were in the wedding too, weren't you?"
............
"Yeah, I walked you down the aisle."
............
(random thoughts in my head)
F*ck, Stephanie, you're a horrible person!!! How could you not know that?? He probably thinks you're a total bitch. Ahhhhhh! What do I say????
...........
Me: "Oh yeah, that's right!"
him: "Well, I guess I'll be seeing ya every Wednesday."
me: "Yep. Haha. Have a good day!"
..............
Open mouth, insert foot.
My coworkers were cracking up while telling me how mean I am. They couldn't believe I didn't remember who walked me down the aisle just a couple weekends before.
I felt so terrible. But I swear, I'm HORRIBLE about remembering people I meet at short periods of times.
Faces, names.....I have no idea why, but I just can't get it until I see and talk to you on a regular basis.
I still feel bad.
awkward!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment