Monday, July 9, 2012

I have a new brother in law!!! And I LIKE him!

Hello, fellow bloggers!!
It's been a while since I have blogged. I've been a busy girl!

Quick update:
I quit my second time job, have to take blood pressure medication (ridiculous) AND still, of course, have my Xanax on hand. But I'm doing better!
Zac moved in with his dad at the end of the school year. I miss him daily. I get him every other weekend and one night a week.
I can tell a difference in all of our lives, though....mine, Gage's, and Zac's.
Zac isn't as clingy as he used to be. I think having his dad full time was definitely a good idea. But sometimes I get sad and still second guess myself.
But my anxiety, blood pressure, patience, and sanity were on the line. I really felt like I was on the edge of a nervous breakdown.
That feeling is just...so not cool.

Anyways, that's an update with my life.


But you know I'm really back to tell you all about my little sister's wedding!
On June 30th, my little sister officially became Mrs. Catlin.

Words cannot describe how so very happy I am for my little sister, my nephew, and Chris.
But I'll get into that in a minute.
Here are a few pictures of the perfect wedding, perfect day.


Lacey tying Gavin's tie. He stood up at the alter with with Best Man.

Two very handsome men, my step dad, Mike, and my son, Gage.
Gage was an usher. I could not get over how good looking that boy was all dressed up.
I was a proud mama. :)

Me, the bride, and Leah. The sistas. Unfortunately you can't see, but the entire wedding party wore Converse. Cutest thing ever!! I had no problem with that. It's what I wear daily. And so much more comfortable than fancy high heels. You know, I'm all about comfort!!
The bridesmaids/maid of honor wore white converse. Lacey wore the blue color of our dresses. All the boys wore black Converse.

Two seconds into the wedding, I was tearing up. I knew it would happen. It happened the night before at the rehearsal.
But seeing Lacey's dad AND my step dad, walk her down the aisle....man.
Sweetest thing EVER! Mike has been a father figure to us all, since Lacey was 7 years old.

Me and my handsome boys after the wedding.


Marianne (my constant, reliable, and favorite date to every event I attend) and Gage.

Me and my bff. I loved her dress, she was beautiful....as always. That's like....a given, right? :)

Chris, Lacey, and Gavin coming out.....finally married. I loved that Chris carried Gavin out and they put him in the car with them, when they drove away. (or around the block and hide to take pics while everyone else headed to the reception.)
Do they not all look so happy? I love it.

Their first "self portrait" together as husband and wife.

Chris and Lacey's first dance.

Lacey's dance with her dad, Steven.

And her dance with her second dad, Mike.

I was pretty much crying the entire night. From the wedding to the reception, to the way home, then just THIS past weekend, when I texted my sis to see how their honeymoon went and to tell her how so happy I am for them. Yeah. I cried typing a freaking text message.

Wanna know what made me totally and completely lose it?
Chris, serenading his wife. He sang Jack Johnson's "Better Together" to her. I cried.
But then, he called his groomsmen up to sing a couple more songs.
He sang "Grow Old With You" from the movie "The Wedding Singer".

I lost it. Do you know me? The way to my heart is movies. My family LOVES movies, we're constantly quoting them. We'll say a line out of a movie and be like....,"What movie is THAT from??" Or hear a song and ask,"What movie is this from??"
It's fun.

So. For Chris to sing this sweet song to my little sister, was the sweetest thing ever.

Lacey's best friend, her maid of honor, also gave a speech that made me cry. She told Chris that Gavin has been going around telling everyone that his mama is a princess, and that Gavin learned that from Chris.
He treats her like a princess. He's amazing with Gavin. I could not hand pick, in this world, a better man for my little sister.
She deserves this wonderful man. So does Gavin.
I'm so happy for my sister.

And yes.....my eyes MAY be watering a little at this moment.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...