
This morning, at 5 a.m., on my way out, I stepped off my porch wrong, twisted my ankle, fell to my other knee and screamed "SHIT!" in front of Zac. I ripped a hole in my scrub pants. I sat on my porch, sweating, feeling like I was going to throw up because of the pain. Zac was patting me, half asleep, "are you ok mom? are you ok?" Finally I got up, got in my car to drive to work. I soon realized I was going to have to go to the ER, when my leg shook and hurt like hell just pushing the breaks.
So, I went. I have a hair line fracture. Right ankle. I have to make an appointment tomorrow to see an orthopedic and see if I have to get a cast.
Luckily my sister works at the ER and was just getting off work. She had to take me home, they wouldn't let me drive. Oh my gosh this sucks....and I so can't work the crutches. My boys are taking care of me though. I have some good drugs, so I'm not in too much pain right now.
did I mention I had already taken all next week off for vacation time from work?
What a fun vacation this will be....
not.
9 comments:
oh no steph!!! :( well maybe this was God's way of saying, "slow down" and really just sit on your bum healing ;) i can just picture zac comforting you! awwww
please rock a pink cast if you get one?
Oh man Steph!!!! When it rains, it pours :( You just said how you all the doctor visits and medications were breaking you :( At least you have insurance!
And at least you will be off next week to sit around as you please watching "True Blood" :) And you can practice walking on crutches in the comfort of your living room before you have to go back to work. I know that doesn't make you feel any better, but you know what I mean!
Glad Zac was there to comfort you, that's so sweet! And that both your boys will help care for you :)
So sorry Steph!!! I can stop by this weekend and help out as well :) Keep you company while we watch "True Blood" :) Let me know if you need anything!
I'm sorry, Steph! Glad you have those sweet boys to take care of you. . .
And thank the heavens for good pain meds!
Hope you're on the mend soon, and your vacation can be saved. If you get REALLY bored, order Sons of Anarchy, seasons 1 through 3 and just soak in the hotness that is Jax Teller :)
Omg steph!! How awful! We can watch trueblood together (just catching up on season 3 as I type)! I accidentally slammed the bottom of a metal chair leg on my toe, it went through the top half, gouged out skin and my nail, and chipped the bone. Did I mention I took the week off for vacation?
Laying on the couch is no fun, but I agree, maybe it's God's way of getting us to rest? Feel better girl!
Steph my dear clumsy twin :)
I am so sorry this happened now, especially because you had already asked for all of next week off for vacation! But everything happened for a reason and I guess it was better it happened now than another day! Keeping my fingers crossed that you don't have to wear a cast!
Awwww Zac your sweet baby boy I can imagine him looking at his mamma all worried, but I'm so happy your boys are taking care of their beautiful and wonderful mamma :)
Feel better love :)
P.S. Marz is so funny to say we are like Bella :) I've been told that before and it's great because we get to stay with Edward - lol :)
Love you lots xo
Ahhhhh!!! I almost forgot "ARE YOU EXICTED?????? BECAUSE I'M LOSING MY FREAKING MIND!!!!!!! ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE PREMIERE OF TRUE BLOOD THE NEW SEASON - AHHHHHHHH"
:)
Micaela-
I would have totally rocked a pink cast for you, but for now, I have to wear a "walking boot" haha, lame!!
Marianne-
Zac was a sweetie! I hope you had fun at the concert last night!! We need to try to do lunch this week, so I can hear about it and your SF trip!!
Jess-
Thank you! I saw your blog about SOA and I think I may have to start watching it!
Katie-
OMG, how weird is that? Hurt ankle/toe, watching True Blood, and a weeks vacation, too?? haha. That's crazy. I hope you're feeling better!!
Karina (Bella)-
Thank you! And for the texts, too. You're a sweetheart, checking up on me all the way from NY. haha.
Did you just LOVE True Blood last night??
I'm so excited for the Eric/Sookie scenes to come!! haha.
I am chiming in way too late but just wanted to say that I hope it heals well so you can get back to YOU!
hello! i'm new :) i'm so sorry to hear about your poor ankle!! we do totally take our legs for granted, years ago i cut my knee quite bad and had a load of stiches (learning to ride a motorbike lol) and i could not believe how awful it was going up and down the stairs! our downstairs loo was out of order aat the time and i would put off drinking so i didnt have to endure the stairs!
Post a Comment