I still cannot describe the mess that was left behind.
We've gotten so much done, but there's still so much to do before we can move in.
This weekend the roofers came and put on a new roof. Woot, woot!!
I've cleaned and scrubbed and used so much bleach, that when I put my finger on the finger pad at work to clock in, it can't identify me! Brenda's been putting my time in manually! Ridiculous.
We painted most of the walls with kiltz and the ceilings too.
The living room and my room have old school brown panelling. I love the dark paneling in the living room, so I'm keeping it. (brings back childhood memories, which makes me happy).
But the paneling in my room is the light blond color....dislike. So we had to kiltz the entire room, except for the dark redwood frame and doors. Because I love those too. I'm loving the old school-ness of it all, but cleaner. So, I just have to figure out what paint will look best with the frame. I'm thinking khaki, a light sandy color....
We've ripped up the carpet & padding in Gage's room and scrubbed the concrete below. Yes, scrubbed concrete....from the urine of the 2 dogs and one cat that the previous people had. We've put a sealant on the concrete. He already has his carpet and paint picked out. He want his room navy blue..."just something chill, mom". Ok, whatever....it's your room.
I didn't work on the house today (it was my day to pick up zac & I tortured him enough this weekend having to go with me to work on the house), but my mom and step dad went over to fix the toilet in my restroom. It wasn't bolted to the floor. It worked, but it was set. Ridiculous.
OF COURSE, while they were there, they noticed another leak in Gage's room and the entry area by his room.
Mike think it's the air conditioning unit, so he's going back tomorrow to see if he can fix that.
I'm going to go & kiltz my bathroom and the rest of Gage's room...or what I can before heading home to shower & get ready for work the next day.
I'm hoping this 3 day, Labor Day weekend, will really get things rolling. I'm hoping to paint and get the carpet laid.
I have to buy a new fridge because the nasty one they had....that I spent over an hour cleaning, doesn't get cold. It just gets cool. Like, put a hot coke in the fridge, then an hour later, the can is cool. My cans were still "cool" the following day.
I need to buy a new stove. This house has a gas stove & I'm hoping I can put an electric one in.
I've recently been teaching Zac how to use the stove and I'm scared for him to try the gas stove. Especially out of my sight.
The pantry area was turned into a laundry area.....so I'm also looking for the apartment size stacking washer/dryer. That way we can set up some shelves and whatnot. Just to have some extra space.
I think my garage is bigger than my house. And I'm still almost more excited about it.
I can't wait to get my art stuff out and organized the way I want it!!
Anyways, I know people are so tired of hearing about the house. Believe me, I'm tired of thinking, talking about, and working on it.
I just didn't realize how time consuming it was going to be!
I'm just thankful for an awesome step dad who can do everything. He's amazing and never complains. Whether I'm asking him to fix the garage door that off track, or the back door that swings open unless locked, to the taping and bedding of all the parts of the house falling apart.
He never complains. And he has Gage right there by his side, showing him how do it all. I'm glad Gage has him in his life.
And I'm thankful that my mom is helping....and I have someone to complain with :)
Because we have been known to complain a time or two. Believe it or not :)
So, our goal is to have us all moved in by the weekend AFTER Labor Day weekend.
Wish.us.luck.weneedit.
No comments:
Post a Comment