Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fabulous February

Sunday I went to work (my 2nd job). I clocked in about 6:25 a.m. As I was filing in the file room (downtown, all alone, no one in the building), 20 minutes later (6:45 a.m.) the alarm started going off. I waited a minute, thinking it would stop. I thought the office manager had come in, she sometimes does on the weekends, too.
It didn't stop.
With a few files still in my hand, pressed tightly against my chest, I slowly walked around the corner to see if anyone was there.
I went to the alarm and put the code in, hoping it would stop. It kept going. I checked all the doors. They were locked. As far as I could tell, no one else was there.
I figured the alarm company would call the office manager and she would turn it off. I went into her office and heard a door shut, where I was filing before. I peeked around the corner and the door was shut.
I went back to her office, freaking out now. I was debating on whether or not I should call someone. But I figured someone would show up.
15 minutes later, the alarm was still going off. I was still alone. I was still freaking out.
I searched the building, looking for someone's phone number. Finally at 7:15 I found one. One of the girls came up (another 20 minutes later) and we finally figured out how to reset the alarm.
She left and I went back to filing. About 30 minutes later, the alarm went off again. I reset it. Repeat times 5. Finally about 10:45 the office manager and a police officer show up.
Yes. Four hours later.
You know.....they could've found me death, bloody, beaten on the floor.
Makes a person feel safe, right?
(oh yeah, the door shutting, file room doors automatically shut when the alarm goes off. Wish I had known that!! haha.)
Ridiculous.
We still don't know what kept setting it off. All I know is that I will no longer be going in when it's still dark out.

Speaking of dark out....Tuesday night I went to mail out Gage's invitations. It was a beautiful night out!
Look at this awesome full moon!



Gorgeous.


Speaking of gorgeous (bahahahaha).....my aunt sent me a text asking me how my eyeliner was looking. Since it had time to heal and whatnot. I sent her a text back and said:


Like this:
haha. Ya gotta love Hatchet Face.
She responded,"She eff'd a bitch up!!"
Seriously though...it looks awesome, if I do say so myself!! I wore mascara for the first time this week and it looks really good!
It's nice to wake up, wash your face, and go....and already look really awake!!

I don't know if I mentioned this on my blog, I know I did on Facebook. A few weeks ago, Gage came home with a gift he made....just for Zac.
Yes, this is what happens when you let your son watch "Dazed and Confused".
He made a paddle in shop. haha.
I thought it was hilarious....Zac, not so much!!
I'd be lying if I said Zac hasn't been needing it. And I be lying if I said I haven't swatted his little butt with it once or twice!



One thing I love, is when people show their appreciation. The other day a patient brought these in for me, the doctor, and a couple of nurses for being so wonderful!
Awww, shucks. What can I say....?


I'm not much of a sweets eater, so I gave mine away...but it's still the thought that counts!

I have so much to look forward to this month!
Tomorrow is Friday! Holla!!!!
We're getting Branding Iron brought to us at work (YUM)! Because we had a perfect score for the year on our surveys.
Like I said.....we're pretty awesome.
Saturday a girl at my work is throwing a "Passion Party"!! Fun, fun!!!
Thursday is my birthday. Sunday is my birthday lunch at my mom's.
Hello, pork chops, fried potatoes, green bean, and Red Velvet Cake.
Or as Zac would say,"Red Violet Cake".
The weekend after is Gage's surprise party.
I've been buying things here and there for the big day!
I'm just praying his little friends don't spill the beans!!!
You know how boys are. Especially teenage boys! :)

Anyways, that's what's been happenin' with me! :)

peace out.

4 comments:

Karina Pacheco said...

Scary and funny! I have no idea how you stayed I would have run like there's no tomorrow. Yes, next time don't go in with it being dark outside! I have got to borrow that paddle sometime, I have my slipper but it's about to break in half - hehe! Wow! 16, how time flies. Sorry to say I have no suggestions, Miguel already thinks I'm kind of lame sometimes :D it's no wonder he gets slapped in his behind! If I get any ideas I will let you know ;) 2 days after Valentines Day, you were almost a Cupid baby ;) I'm sure your surprise party will be great! Can't wait to see the pictures! Will let you know how "The Vow" is ;) Rachel is a great actress :) xoxoxo love you!!

Katie said...

Steph! I am SO behind on commenting on your blog... I've been reading them, laughing, then getting distracted before I get a chance to comment!

FIRST - I can NOT believe you stayed at work after that alarm! I would have called the police IMMEDIATELY after the file room door closed and ran out of there like a mad woman!! That's SO SCARY! I've seen way too many scary movies... Yesterday Justin opened the bathroom door just a creak while I was brushing my teeth (apparently he had been knocking but I hadn't heard over my electric toothbrush) - all I saw were his eyeballs watching me in the mirror - and I FREAKED... almost in tears. SO mad!

Second - You would not believe how many Hatchetface references I've made in my lifetime to blank stares and "what's that?" responses!It's HATCHETFACE! From CRYBABY! I lovelovelove that movie! It's amazing, and now I want to watch it again.

Last - We've been at the hospital every day this week and it makes all the difference in the world to get some kindness from everyone who works there. We're usually exhausted, emotional, and scared to get bad news, so to have people like you smile, or be patient with us, means so much. Just that little effort helps us out so much. I'm so happy someone could show you how much they appreciate you!!

I hope you have a great birthday this week! I'm a February baby too, so obviously all the brightest, hottest girls are born this month! :) Pork chops and Red Velvet Cake CAN NOT be beat! My Bday meal is usually split pea soup with cheeeesy potatoes. Nothing beats a mommy's cooking! Let us know how Gage's party goes - GOOD LUCK.

Also - you are BRAVE to get eyeliner tattoos!! Holy moly! I wish there was some way to make my hair permanently look voluminous and shiny. I would go through copious amounts of pain for that :)

ALSO (see I told there's so much I've bee wanting to say!) - THANK YOU for the well wishes on our engagement. It means so, so much to me Stephanie to hear from you. Thanks again. xo

Marz said...

OMMMGGG I thought of that scene in "Signs" where he sees the alien under the closed door haha SCARY! You're braver than I give you credit for ;) I would have jetted the second I realized I was alone lol And ummm they need to get their security procedures in order - FOUR hours later?!?! Yep, don't go when it's still dark out ever again okay? :) ha

Gage's invites are SO cute! I love them! Do you think anyone has spilled the beans yet? I can't wait to see his face when we surprise him :) I can't wait for his birthday. I seriously look forward to your kiddo's birthdays because I love spending time with your family and I love your boys! and because I love birthday cake!!! :) haha those cupcakes look amazing - I can't believe you gave them away!! CRAZY! I mean I can because I know you don't like sweets like I do - but man! That's really sweet. You guys are so amazing and I appreciate what you guys did for Philip and me! You guys are pretty awesome :) I said so in the survey too ;) (thanks for your perfect example by the way. I was cracking up!)

Speaking of cracking up - Hatchet Face!!!!!! bahahaha :) I'm SO jealous! :)

Hopefully you can go to dinner next week. I miss you!!! I was really looking forward to wine and dining you for your birthday lol :) Love you!! xoxo

i said someday.... said...

Karina-
I'm going to try to get a lot of disposable cameras to lay around! I'll probably be posting so many pictures on here! haha. Thank you! I hope the party goes well!!

Katie-
Comments: I do the same thing! I always have so much I want to say on people's blogs, but I always say I'll get back to it later. haha. Unfortunately I don't always get around to it!

Hatchetface: EXACTLY! How can people go through life without knowing about Crybaby?!?! It's a freaking classic! haha. BEST MOVIE EVER!!!

Hospital: It's nice to know there are people out there that still care. We're separate from the hospital here, but a small percentage is owned by them. I hear stories about "bad experiences" sometimes and I hate that people associate us with them.
Our patients are really good about showing their appreciation. Which has made me more aware. I'm all about showing appreciation now, when I receive awesome service somewhere!

Engagement: I'm really happy for you both! Justin is very lucky to have you in his life. I love reading his blogs, being able to keep up with how things are going. I think it's awesome that you always have such a positive attitude and are able to reassure him, during these hard times.

Marianne-
Hopefully we can get together this week for dinner and drinks! Thanks for being so understanding! AND Thank you for the birthday card! I love, love, love the envelope! Haha, Eric is so beautiful!!! :)
I wouldn't doubt if a friend has said anything to him, but he hasn't let on, if he does know!!
I love that you always make time to come celebrate the days of my boys' births! haha.
Also, Brenda loved the card you sent her. That was so sweet of you! Like I said, it's nice when people show their appreciation!! I thought it was so sweet of her to work with y'all! I'm glad everything went ok with Philip's procedure!! Hope to see you this week...if not, definitely on Saturday!! Love you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...