Oh, it was so nice to go to Chicago. It was a much needed vacation.
Of course, upon arriving home, Marianne finds out her poor husband is in the hospital (he's ok now). She has to go straight to the hospital to stay the night with him there.
Leah comes home to find out that the sewage was backed up in her backyard and her toilet overflowed. Jack loved it, of course. He flushes the toilet and says,"Oh look!! A waterfall!! A waterfall!" haha.
I came home to total perfectness. :) Nothing wrong here. That is, until I get in my car Thursday morning to drive to work. My key will not turn. The ignition is jacked. I try for 30 minutes straight to start my damn car and all I got out of that was a blister on my finger.
So, my dad calls around to see how much it's going to be to get fixed. He calls me back. It's going to be $170, that's for the parts and labor. I'm like....awesome! I thought it would be way worse!
My sister gives me a ride to work Thursday morning. My bff picks me up from work.
My bff gives me a ride to work Friday morning. My sister picks me up. It sucks not having a car.
Leah lets me borrow her car some during the weekend. Then gives it to me Sunday night and I've had it since. I'm thinking how much it's going to suck giving her her Durango back when my car gets fixed. It was nice driving that nice car. :)
So, today my dad calls to tell me my car is ready. Oh, and by the way.....it's going to be $330. Whaaaaat??? That's like double what they quoted!!!
Is it just me, or does anyone else think they should've called and told me it was going to be more before proceeding?? Ridiculous.
Hello, single mom here. Luckily, my dad had given me $100 to put towards the amount due. And my awesome sister was sweet enough to pay the difference until I can pay her back.
What would I do without my family? My sister is the best. Letting me borrow her car for almost a whole week, lending me the money, being there for me to comfort me when I'm crying in her car over the whole ordeal. haha.
I'm such a baby.
Thank God for sisters and bffs. :)
But my crappy car is home now. All is well.
If he brings you to it, he'll bring you through it.
No comments:
Post a Comment