I started thinking,"Oh my gosh. I'm in a Stephen King book! The same thing is going to keep happening over and over. The road is never going to end!" Yes, I read too many Stephen King books. But that's ok. Because while it's scary, it's oh so fun! :)
I finally got to the highway. There are NO lights along the highway. All I see are my headlights and the lines on the road.
This is where I really get scared, because I start thinking about the movie "In the Mouth of Madness". Have you ever seen this movie??
It's been years since I've seen it. There is one part that I remember very well. A guy driving down a dark road and he see what he thinks is a boy riding a bike down the middle of the road.
Scary.
Oh my gosh!!! This movie scared me to death!! I haven't watched it since. But I may have to watch it again. I've forgotten what it's all about.
Leah KNOWS this part of the movie scares me. So, I'm focusing on driving in the fog at 5:20 in the morning, just me on the road...thinking about this scary man face, hoping I don't see anything...and my phone dings. I got a text message and I jumped so high, my heart was racing.
It was Leah. I texted her back and told her that I'm trying to pay attention; the fog is scary and she scared the crap out of me!
So, I drop off Gage at her house (he rides the bus from her house every morning) and I head to work. Then I get another text message from her.
It says:
Hope you don't see a little boy with long white hair and an old mans face riding a bike down the middle of the road by your work or in your parking lot.
UGH!!
She knows I open that freaking place! She knows it's just me for a while before anyone else shows up!!
She KNOWS this!!
I was scared. haha.
I finally got to work and briskly walked to the door, unlocked it, and went inside to turn the alarm off. I didn't run like I wanted to. Like I did when I went out that morning to start my car...I may have jumped out of the car and ran back into the house to shut and lock the door.
Anyways, I get to the time clock and realize I left my badge in the car.
Nuh-uh!!! No way! I'm not going back out there. haha. So, I left Brenda a note and told her I forgot my badge. :) When she got in, I told her the truth.
I'm a scaredy cat.
But man, it's fun to be scared! haha.
3 comments:
ha! you sisters crack me up but that part is SOOOO SCARY!!! that whole movie is crazy! like the old man handcuffed to his wife at the hotel desk lol and when the girl walks like a crab all distorted... but YUP! that old man steals the scary!!!
ewww! lol
Oh man I can only imagine how scared you were and how high you jumped when you got Leah's text :)
That movie scared the crap out of Micaela and me!! That road scene is by far one of the scariest of all scary movies!! We should re-watch this movie sometime. Even though I HATE scary movies, you're right - sometimes it is fun scaring yourself :) But what is NOT fun is someone scaring you and Leah is SO good at that haha Let's watch that movie whenever we have Gage's birthday party :) Perfect time to!
Last night I was telling Philip about a scary crime show episode I watched when I was sick and I got scared! Silly me told him right before I went to bed. He didn't have to work today so he stayed up watching TV in the living room. I left my bedroom door wide open and the hallway light on! haha we're such dorks! :) I hope that scary old man face boy doesn't make it hard for me to sleep tonight! lol
Haha!! I'm sorry girl! I ten to scare myself silly as well!! The mind is a powerful thing!!
Booooo!!!!!
Post a Comment