Tuesday, October 26, 2010

No rainbows...without a little rain. :)

I feel so lonely and out of the loop since moving!! I mean, I'm only 15 minutes out of town...but that's with no phone service...no internet service....nothing.
I can't catch up on Facebook or Blogger or even check my email.
This weekend SUCKED!!! We didn't get to do the Walk a Thon for the homeless, because it was one huge, long thunderstorm all weekend!
I didn't get to go to Benjamin's birthday party...because it was supposed to be at the park, but they changed it to Lauren's house. But I didn't get that text message until later that night....because I have no service!!!! Seriously? Ridiculous.
Seriously.
I was off work yesterday. We only had 5 patients. It was nice to be able to take my boys to school. I stayed up too late reading the Sookie Stackhouse books (True Blood, baby). So I got them up and ready and took them to school. Stopped by Starbucks to get a Skinny Vanilla Latte...yum....drove home and starting reading again. Fell asleep and didn't wake up until TWELVE O'CLOCK in the afternoon!!!
I haven't slept that long in for.ev.vor!!!!
Having the day off and catching up on my sleep, I was feeling it was a good day! Gonna be a good week even!!
wrong.
I picked up Gage from baseball practice...early. He got hit square in the forehead with a baseball. He was going to say something to the guy that threw it, but couldn't think of the guy's name! It came back to him. He had a pretty bad headache all day.
So, I got to set my alarm and wake up every 2 hours, to wake him up last night, to make sure he didn't have a concussion or something.
To add to it, Gage's dad's family was calling me about Billy.
They said he's doing really bad. I asked Gage if he'd heard from him anymore and he said he hadn't in a few days.
Apparently he's now smoking crack. He's stealing from his family, breaking into warehouses....living in hotel rooms with crack heads. What am I supposed to do about all of this? I'm done. I've had him put in jail, for child support. That's all I can do.
Right now I'm to the point where I want him out of my life and out of Gage's life for good. I don't know how much more Gage can take. I know I can't take much more.
Will everything just stop....just for a moment. I can't seem to catch a break, people!
Anywayssssss, the school nurse called from Gage's school today. He still has a headache. So, I had to leave work to pick him up.
I was going to go back to work, but I called my aunt Lisa (who's an RN) and she said it sounded like I needed to take him to the doctor.
Plus I was supposed to have a parent/teacher conference at Zac's school and pick up his report card. I had to call and cancel that...hopefully be able to reschedule that for a later date. So, I can take Gage to the doctor. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
I need a vacation. :)

Sooo, that's what has been going on in my world! I gotta go take Gage to the doctor now. I guess I can catch up on my blog reading while waiting at the doctor office!

2 comments:

Faiza said...

oh geez, how is it that all that can happen in 24 hours? you definitely need a break!

Marz said...

Oh Steph I am SO sorry for everything that you are dealing with! :( Poor Gage. I hope his headache has gone away!! What did the doctor say? I just can't get over Billy. It makes me so sad. How he could choose anything over his beautiful son is beyond me. The tragedy of the power of addiction :( You've given him so many chances. You've prayed for him. You've done everything you could. You have so much on your plate :*( If there is ANYTHING I can do to help please just let me know. I love you!!! We seriously do need to get away for some R&R!!! Even if it's just the cabins at PK for a weekend!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...