Monday, September 27, 2010

Coyotes and Scorpions and Snakes! Oh My!

Oh, the joys of country life!!

I am so behind on my blog reading and updating!

I got moved in this weekend. Now I'm just unpacking and setting everything up. I haven't set up my computer yet because I know I will get nothing done if I do. :) It's an addiction, really. So, I'm at Leah's right now, waiting for Gage to get done with baseball practice....catching up on my blogging with Lucia's laptop. How sad that my 9 year old niece has a laptop and I don't. haha.

Last night was our first night in the new house. I was very proud of Zac, he slept in his own room all night long! I didn't sleep very well. :( My back is soooo sore from moving! I think I was just too tired and achy and restless.

My landlord is very nice, but kinda weird. He talks A LOT! He talked about the poisonous critters for a good hour. No exaggeration, either.

This morning (at 5:20 a.m.) it was kind of chilly out, so I went to start the car for the boys before I loaded them in. Oh.My.Gosh. Have you ever heard a pack of coyotes howling and hollering together??? It's only about the scariest sound EVER!! Sounded like a bunch of werewolves...I watch too many scary movies. But yeah....it was really creepy. And dark. And loud. And creepy.
Anyone have a gun I could buy.
For real though! I'm considering buying one.
Rattlesnakes? Coyotes? Crazy pyscho killers?
Hey, you never know. It's pretty out there in the middle of no where.
But I do love it. It's peaceful. Very little traffic going up and down the road.
Beauty was out with Gage yesterday, running around, having a good time with all the land. :)

Yeah, I think we'll like it out there. Once I get used to the howling. *shiver*

3 comments:

Jessica Coody said...

I lived 'in the country' in high school, and when I first moved to Wichita Falls I was freaked out because I COULDN'T hear the coyotes! haha... you'll get used to it, I promise- you'll even begin to love it.
(And they are much farther off than they sound, just so you know. They're tricky like that...)

Marz said...

Jess' comment cracked me up :) I still can't wait to see your new place!! :) Sounds perfect to curl up on your couch and watch one of your favourite scary movies! ha I very rarely do them, but I will just because Halloween is around the corner :) I can't believe Zac slept by himself all night long! I am so proud :) I bet it's nice having all that space huh? :)

Faiza said...

happy new home steph! can't believe how fast you made that happen. you are a terrific MOM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...