Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day Seventeen: An Art Piece

Day Seventeen of the 30 Day Challenge:

An art piece (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.)

I chose to post one of my favorite pictures I have hanging up in my house. I love this picture because of the frame, the picture, how old timey it looks.
I won this picture when I went to an auction to raise money for my cousin's little girl Annabel Leigh. She was born with Trisomy 18. We had this fund raiser right after she was born. Carrie (my cousin) was told that it was likely she wouldn't make it. Trisomy babies are "incompatible with life". She is now ONE YEAR, 4 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, AND 3 DAYS old! She is a miracle. Which makes this picture even more special to me.


Check out Annabel's blog to see the beautiful miracle yourself. :) In just a couple months she will be a big sister! :)

3 comments:

Marz said...

She is adorable!!!!!! I just hopped over to her blog and the pics of her cute little toes painted pink is just too cute! She truly is a miracle!!! :)

Micaela said...

i LOVE that frame/art piece-- it's stands out to me every time i would come over... i should have stolen it ;) ha!

Annabel Leigh... she is just ADORABLE! i love her painted toe toes and that she wears the Beatles and the fact that she's going to have a little sister!

God's little miracle indeed!

Faiza said...

i love this for what it means to you. the frame is wonderful!

happiest day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...