Have you ever heard of Agent Orange?
Yeah, neither have I.
At least not until yesterday.
So, apparently it's a chemical that was used in wars in the late 60's, early 70's. It would destroy crops, remove forest cover, and to clear vegetation from the perimeters of US bases.
I just learned that while my dad was serving in Korea they had used this chemical.
While at the VA hospital, my dad found out that he has about 4 symptoms caused by exposure of this "Agent Orange".
Which sucks, right? But of course, with the bad comes the good. He's going to start receiving a check from the government.
Also, he said that the government will pay for all his children to go to college. Four years of college, paid for. Books, courses, everything. Well, obviously not cost of living and stuff, but the school part.
I'm excited about this, because I want to go to school. I want to be able to support my children, not live paycheck to paycheck. I want to be the one who can help people, instead of being the one that everyone helps.
But I'm also nervous about the possibility of going back to school, because I have a very short attention span.
I did attempt to go to school a few years ago. It didn't work out. I think I have ADD. Seriously. I would wake up in the morning, intending on going to class, only to end up in bed all day, or watching movies, or hanging out with my bf at the time.
Then I would cry at night about how I just can't make myself do it.
I'm not smart enough.
I have no motivation.
But still....for free? How can I NOT take this opportunity? How can I not try again?
Yes, I'm old. I'm 33 years old and the thought of school is scary.
I mean, I still have dreams that I'm in school and can't remember where my locker is....or what the combination is...or what class I am supposed to go to next.
Silly really.
But I have a feeling these dreams are going to become more frequent the more I look into this. haha.
Man, I'm a ruh-tard.
Anyways, yes....this is my new plan.
and i'm scared.
13 comments:
Darling Steph, it is never to late! I wll be 30 in July and am back in college to finish up my career, this coming from the girl who is afraid of change. You will be the best example for your boys who I am sure are proud of you. God knows why things are happening now, and now is your time. I am SO excited for your new adventure and you will do great love!!! Ah we are bracelet twins love it!!!! Thank you we loved our goodies ;) xo
Awwww, thank you so much, Karina!! You're right, only God knows why at this time. You're awesome!! :)
I'm glad you both liked everything! :) Zac was so excited to send Miguelito the cars! He loves them! :) Hope you're having a wonderful weekend and keeping that foot propped up! :)
Steph, that is such awesome news! I'm so happy for you! That sounds like a huge door opening up for you and the boys. You're going to be even more of an inspiration for them. What an awesome opportunity! You can do it!!!
Thank you, Justin! :)
This is the most amazing news Stephanie - you absolutely DESERVE it, and everything else wonderful and good in the world.
I agree with Kary and Justin that this is just another way (among the many) you will be an inspiration to your boys.
Also, Justin is getting back into school too - you guys can be each other's support group! :) And as far as ADD/procrastination... I've been at Starbucks for a couple hours now, and all I've managed to do is write a blog post and pretend I don't see my textbooks, haha.
Thanks, Katie! I just have to figure out what I want to do now. You'd think I would know by now...ridiculous!!
First off I'm glad your dad is okay. And what an awesome compensation for your dad!! I am SOOO happy and excited for you Steph :) You can do this!!! You are in such a better place in your life right now then you were when you first attempted school. I think this is why this amazing opportunity is happening right now at this point in your life.
And don't worry about those dreams, I have them ALL the time!! OMG I dream that I don't know where my next class is and I can't find my schedule anywhere.I dream I didn't do my math homework or that I haven't been to my math class in a week haha it's kinda crazy how often I dream of school.
I'm jealous really, I would love to go back to school. I literally miss it so much!
I am SO proud of you :) Love you bff!
Thank you, bff!! You can totally help me study, since you miss it so much! haha. I always dream about not having my homework too!! haha. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!
so happy to hear that your dad is okay and so thrilled for this exciting time in your life!! what in the world will you study and do? whatever it is i know you will be great. i read about you and your adventures a mom and i am so in awe of everything you manage to fit into a day. you are inspiring!
Aww, thank you, Faiza!
I haven't decided yet....
I'm looking into what I want to do when I grow up, though!! haha.
Congrats on the good news coming out of a bad situation. Your dad will be in my prayers, as will you. I'm sure going back to school is super scary, I am 28 and have never set foot in a college class. I would love to go to school but am too scared of failure...I am my own worst enemy. You will be such a good example for your boys, showing them it's never too late to do what you want in life. Best of luck! So glad I found your blog through my sweet Marz!
Thank you so much, Tiffany. There are a lot of things I haven't done or haven't given 100% because I'm scared of failing. I'm always scared to show my best because I think it still won't be enough. So, of course I'm terrified, especially since I've already failed once doing it! Ugh!! But I think I can do it. I really want it!! :)
ha! i've been working at this career of mine for ten years and still trying to decide what i want to be when i grow up!
Post a Comment