Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Once again....

I am once again reading " The Purpose Driven Life". I read it once before, probably 2 years ago. I really loved it and when I finished reading it, I thought...I need to pick this book up and read it again in a couple months. It's the kind of thing you want to keep fresh in your mind.
So, I decided I would start reading it again at the first of the new year!
Last night I read Chapter 2.
If you don't know how the book goes, it's forty chapters long and you only read one chapter a day. I bought the journal that goes along with it...which I didn't have last time I read it.
So, chapter 2 tells you about how you are here for a reason, you are not a mistake. Even if your parents didn't plan you, God did. Even if your parents aren't married or aren't everything you think they should be, God made them your parents for a reason. God made you exactly the way you are for a reason. He doesn't make mistakes.
In the journal you're supposed to write about things you need to accept. Such as, things of your past, or background...where you came from. Race, financial status, family life, etc. Then also about your personality. What's something you don't like about your personality? And of course, your physical attributes. Everyone doesn't like something about themselves. I had plenty of things to write about when it came to my background, past...and my attitude. haha. Believe it or not, I know my faults, I accept them, and sometimes I even try really hard to make an effort to change them!
When it came to my physical attributes I had a few things. What girl wouldn't? If I had had my journal 2 years ago, I could have filled up pages and pages of things I disliked about myself.
But I realized last night that for the first time in my life, I'm actually comfortable in my own skin. Sure I could lose a few pounds...do I obsess over it or starve myself? Nope.
When I was 29 and my birthday was just around the corner, I started freaking out. 30 years old??? OH MY GOSH! Then, THIRTY ONE!! Nooooooooooooo!! Now I'm 32...it wasn't as hard...but it wasn't easy.
Next month I am going to be 33 years old and I am ok with that.
It took 33 years for me to be comfortable in my skin. To be happy with myself and where I am, who I've become. And even how old I am! haha.
Life is good.
God is good.

Did I get off track somewhere?
I think I did.
I feel like I was trying to go in a different direction than where I ended....
I do that sometimes. Oh well.
God made me that way. ;)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

LOVE my book!!!! Thank you so much!!! It means so very much to me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...