Wednesday, January 19, 2011
"I'm not a regular mom, I'm a cool mom"
Ok, so I get off work about 2:15 everyday. The minute I get in my car, I take my shoes off. Then I drive across town and wait for Gage to get out of school (2:50). These 30 minutes (or so) are my only alone time during the day. I like to sit back and relax. So, I pull up across the street from the school, roll down my windows, lean my seat way back, prop my feet up out the window, and listen to my music. The music I listen to varies, depending on my mood. Sometimes it's Eminem. Sometimes, Bob Seger. Sometimes, I even like to listen to good ole Justin Bieber. :) Every once in a while, I wonder if Gage is embarrassed by his mom being all laid out in the car. Feet moving along with the beat of the music. He wouldn't tell me if he was....or wait, he probably would. Anyways, today as I started my ritual, I stuck my feet out the window...with my hot pink and black Valentine heart socks that say "Kiss Me" "Yes" and "Love Ya" all over them...while jammin' out to the new Bruno Mars song, Gernade....I thought, maybe today I've gone too far. Valentine socks? So, I put my feet on the ground, sat up my seat, and started looking around at the other moms. What do they do while waiting? And I've come to the conclusion that if Gage had to choose from all the moms....he'd take me and my Valentine socks over most of the other ones. Like the one in the white mini van with her face pushed up against her mirror, tweezers in hand, plucking out her chin hairs. Or maroon van mom, who's big pregnant, sitting on her bumper, smoking a cigarette. Then there's the mom in the white extended cab truck behind me with her finger pushed so far up her nose, I'm scared for her. Yeah...I think Gage is lucky to have a "cool mom" like me. hahaha. If only he knew...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You ARE a cool Mom!!! Abby will be starting school next year and I hope that I am the cool Mom! I made need some pointers! haha.
You have always been a cool mom! :) You always throw your kiddo's the coolest and most fun birthday parties that I am always happy I get a guarenteed invite to! Speaking of which - can't wait to see you this weekend at Zac's party! I loved this post :) You and your hot pink Valentine socks! The coolest pair of socks I own are ones you gave me - David Bowie ones :) I cracked up as you described the other uncool moms :)
ahhh i love this! cool moms have bieber fever!
Post a Comment