I'm so excited!
The little boy (5 year old Ethan) that I was so excited about sending a postcard to, used to live in Wichita Falls!! His mom wrote me and said that they moved from here about a year and a half ago. His family is military, they lived on Sheppard Air Force Base. She said he cried everyday for the first few months because he was so sad to leave. :(
She said he's better now and loves it in Florida! She said my postcard brought back a lot of memories for them to talk about. :)
Another coincedence? His best friend's name is Gage!
I just think it's awesome that the first time I participate in Post Crossing, I get someone, somewhere, in this whole world, who used to live where I live, and has a best friend with my son's name!
This is the postcard I sent to him. :) I wish I had known he was from WF, I would've sent him the postcard with the "Falls" on it.

Then the other postcard that I sent, that was received, was to Michigan.
I wonder how much longer it will take for the other three to arrive. They were to Finland, Germany, and Brazil!!
I'm so glad I started postcrossing. If not for any other reason...then for the memories it brought back to Ethan and his mama. :)
3 comments:
i LOVE "small world moments"-- i mean what were the odds of that?! that's AWESOME!!! and so much more meaningful because it went to a sweet little boy :)
LOVE IT!!!
i was excited because i got to send a new one out otday and it's going to DALLAS, oh city i love :)
ps. that is my FAVORITE tx card!
It is a small world. His mom's message just made my day! :)
I also got a message from a girl that lives in Virginia that wanted to swap postcards. :)
When I have postcards traveling I'm like an addict - constantly checking the website a couple of times a day to see if any arrived :) haha It's so much fun!! That is SOOOO neat how you made Ethan's day! :) I love when I get postcards that bring back good memories so I can imagine how Ethan and his mom felt when they received yours :)
I love direct swaps - that's how Mandy found me and now we're pen pals :) I'm so thankful for postcrossing!
Post a Comment