Sunday, July 18, 2010

What's your irrational fear?

I'd say I have a few irrational fears. I mean, don't we all?
I'm scared of clowns. Ever since I saw Poltergiest, I've been scared of clowns. Then after seeing "IT" and reading the book by Stephen King....I got even more scared of clowns!!

I'm scared of big bodies of water. Watching movies like 'Jaws' or 'Titanic' I start to feel like I can't breathe. Just writing about it right now is making me take deep breaths.
I went to Cancun with my sisters a couple years ago and I was fine, going on the booze cruise and walking into the ocean. But at night, standing at the edge of the water, with the moonlight on the endless water in front of me...I could feel the heaviness in my chest. I don't know why it scares me so much.
The one that my friends make fun of me the most about, is my fear of dolls, dummies, anything like that. I've always been scared of dolls. I don't know why. Yes, I watched scary movies about them when I was little, but I always thought they were creepy. Anytime I got a doll for Christmas or my birthday, I always made my mom put it up in her closet. I didn't want it in my room, or my closet, I didn't want to even see it. I just wanted to forget it was in my house all together.
So, of course, while I was checking out PostSecret today....I saw this postcard and just had to laugh.
No, I didn't send it in, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels that way.

2 comments:

Micaela said...

ha that postsecret cracks me up! and your fear of dolls.

i'm scared of open water too! and not because i can't swim, but because of what's underneath.

my irrational fears are: open doors when i'm sleeping (like i'm going to wake up and see an alien or worse-- ghost), gorillas (i had a dream one ate my family), mental hospitals.

ps. i wanted to feature you next week on my sharing sundays but wanted to ask your permission first... i didn't know how "private" you wanted to keep your blog lol but i love it! and so wanted to ask :)

Marz said...

That postsecret is HILARIOUS! This post made me think of being at Evelyn's house and me joking I was going to lock you up in her doll room :) I'm such a mean bff sometimes lol you know I would never do that to you in real life because I know how scared you are!
Micaela - you forgot to say your fear of balloons!!! She hates when they pop :)
One of my irrational fears is similar to twinkies - I can't sleep on my back at night, I always sleep on my stomach, but I'm not scared of aliens or ghosts - Freddy Krueger instilled that fear into me when I was younger!!! hahahaha :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...