Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dan Dyer :p yum.

So a friend from wayyyyy back, when I was like 16, found me on Facebook. I guess he was looking through my pictures and saw my photos of the sexy Dan Dyer.
He was at the last show I went to, also.
Man, Dan Dyer...that brings up some memories. I'm listening to his songs online right now. If you've never heard him, you must check him out here!
I used to have one of his old cd's, but I lost it. :( I need to download it.
But definitely his old stuff. His new stuff just isn't as great as it used to be.
I remember every show we went to, people would be packed at the Iron Horse Pub. Like standing room only until 2:00 a.m. And the last two shows I went to, it was pretty much bare by midnight. :( It made me sad. Why do people mess with a good thing?? He got all experiemental, and it just wasn't that great.
Anyways, I still love the old stuff!!

Here's a pic of me and my cousin Bryan at one of his shows. :)


And of course, Mickey and Marianne....who were little smitten kittens around him! haha.
Man, that's an old pic!!!

One of my favorites:
GREAT OCEAN
here i am on this great ocean tonight
where to begin, i don’t know how to start
you tossed and you turned me all upside down
and put a shadow in my stars
so full of wonder the world seemed to me
in the eyes of a man/child
and i get so jaded in the irony
i get discouraged--as you make me
you make me doubt continually myself
and lately hope has turned to regret
and maybe i’d be better off alone
words of wisdom are so far apart
i don’t believe that you’re capable
and when i don’t believe in anything
i’m barely bearable--as you make me
you make me doubt continually myself
and lately hope has turned to regret
and maybe i’d be better off alone
here i am on this great ocean tonight
where to begin, i don’t know how to start
you tossed and you turned me all upside down
and put a shadow in my stars

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi, this is Vicky~! Thanks A LOT for the mixtape CD! I love Damien Rice! You have introduced me to a lot of different songs! Thank You ! I gonna have a great night tonight! Cheers, Vicky

Marz said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh Dan!!! How I just miss my boyfriend SO much!!! I'll never forget the first time Dan came into our lives at that St. Patrick's Day festival when I somehow found my way up to the very front - it was like love at first sight :) I'm listening to him now here at work thanks to your link and all the memories his old stuff brings up - it's crazy! Wanderlust is of course my all time favourite!!! :) Good stuff! :) I miss him so much!

Jessica Coody said...

Space Alien is my fav Dan Dyer song... I haven't seen him in concert in a couple of years. I think the last time was with the twinkies- and you were there, too! :)

i said someday.... said...

Vicky- I'm so glad you like it! :) I'm surprised at how fast you received it! Glad it got there in one piece! :)

Marianne- "It's too loud!" Five minutes later you were at the stage, screaming at me everytime he looked at you! haha. He is beautiful! And I KNOW Wanderlust is your favorite. hahaha.

Jess- I remember that night! You looked cute that night in a little dress and your new haircut. You had just gotten bangs and Mickey was admiring them. haha.
I remember weird stuff, I know. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...