As much as I'm anti-relationship/dating right now, there are times that I wish I had a guy around....for my kids, not me!
So, Gage got guitar and baseball this FRESHMAN year. Yeah, I still can't believe I have a freshman in high school!
Anyways, I feel bad. Today he came home and said he wants out of guitar. He said everyone in his class already plays and is so far ahead of him. He feels like he's holding the class back. I'm like, seriously?? You've been in school for 3 days. How can you be holding them back? But he's never played an instrument. He has no idea about notes and finger placement and whatever. But apparently everyone else is already that far. :( It makes me sad. I was really excited about him taking guitar. James Cook was nice enough to offer to give him lessons. (For those who don't know James Cook, he's the "local celebrity", plays in clubs and what-not, he's very good!) So, I'm going to talk to Gage about that and hope that he doesn't get out of the class just yet!!
And as for baseball, I feel bad that his dad isn't around to practice with him. :( A lady at work has a son in law that played at Rider and is now playing for the Angels and will surely be moving up fast! She said he would gladly work with Gage while he's in town. But he's only in town a few weeks every few months. :/
Zac's dad played ball at Rider also. He got a scholarship playing ball and is pretty good. He used to work with Gage when we were married and Gage played t-ball, 5-pitch, all that. But I think it would be a little inappropriate to ask him now days.....not sure his wife would like that too much.
So, I'm feeling a little guilty right now. I guess I can take him to the batting cages and let him practice.
He's really excited about baseball and I just hope he doesn't quit, like he's wanting to with guitar....already.
Low self esteem and feeling like he's not capable of accomplishing something...must've gotten that from his mom :( I just wish he'd really try instead of giving up so fast.
3 comments:
Girl my brother Dalten can play pretty good and is still learning everyday. I am sure that he would love to show Gage some things on the guitar. :)And well Justin may not be very good at baseball now but back in the day he waas good...so he says. Haha. Justin practice with him. Yall will have to come over sometime and we can cootout at my Moms and they guys can do all that bizz!
Aw Steph this broke my heart!!! I wish I could offer my husband's skills like Ashley, but my husband can't do either ha. And a father who lives in the same house as his sons does not guarentee that he will spend quality time with them (as Philip pointed out when I read this to him - we are getting ready for bed, me with my laptop and he with his Harry Potter book that he's reading AGAIN! His father never did stuff like that with him either growing up). You are doing a fine job and I hope Gage will stick with it! Lauren and Mehle play guitar and I KNOW they would be more than happy to help Gage out! And I would love to take him to the batting cages anytime! :)
awww this post touched my heart... first - for the sweetness and hardships you have to deal with when you feel helpless that you can't do EVERY guy stuff (and that's OKAY) but moreso, all the kindness from those you know who would gladly step in. I love that! and James Cook? amazing!! Marianne is so right.
i hope Gage sticks with it and bless you for encouraging him.
Post a Comment