Saturday, August 14, 2010

Itchy, itchy, itchy

So, Gage was at the lake all day Friday, Friday night, and today with his friend, Cory. He was tired, so when he got home, he went to bed. We both slept. I fell asleep from 4-7 and Gage slept from 5-9. When he woke up, he showed me a rash he has alllll over his chest and back. It was pretty bad! I figured it was just heat rash from being out at the lake, in the heat.
It's kinda hard to see in this picture, but it is BAD!

But just to be safe, I took him to the emergency room. He said I was sooo over protective and overreacting. haha.
It was pretty busy, but LUCKILY my little sister was working, so we were in and out in about 30 minutes!!
While we were in there, I, of course, started itching all over. haha.
So, turns out, he has Scarlet Fever. Which apparently is caused by some type of strep infection and also very common in kids his age. But he didn't have fever, so they said he's probably not contagious right now. Thank God. Lord knows I can't miss anymore work!!
So, we just got home. He took some Benadryl and his antibiotic and went back to bed.
I guess I'm going to lay down and watch "Stand By Me". :)
"Chopper, sic balls!"




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...